[FFmpeg-user] BOUNTY OFFERED: AAC 5.1 -> AAC Stereo

NokNok Developer developer at noknok.net
Thu Apr 21 18:17:25 CEST 2011

Over the years we have seen various patches by folks to enable various
forms of 6 Channel to Stereo downsampling, non of which ever were
implemented in the core code base for AAC (internal) processing.

While the solution to this problem can range from a simple mixing of
channels, adjusting volumes, etc to more advanced, our goal is to find a
solution acceptable to the ffmpeg team in any form at this point.

Many devices support AAC but in a stereo mode only vs 6 channel, etc.

We would like to offer such a bounty to get such a solution in the code
base which will enable downsampling of AAC 5.1 to AAC stereo when
encoding.    An example of two previous variations:

http://muzso.hu/2009/02/25/downsampling-multichannel-audio-5.1-into-stereo-2-channels-with-ffmpeg

Its important that the solution be acceptable in a form which it can be
included in the standard code base for ffmpeg so we are not having to
patch, etc.  Using the internal AAC encoder (-strict experimental)

Depending on the solution we would place the bounty anywhere from $50-$250.

If you are interested in doing this, or do this and looking for payment,
please email ffmpegbounty [at] bitsling.com

Not sure where best in placing this bounty, so if not on the proper
list, please let us know as well.

Thank You