[FFmpeg-soc] [soc]: r4387 - als/ffmpeg-patches/hack4als.patch

Jai Menon jmenon86 at gmail.com
Sat Jun 6 09:35:12 CEST 2009

On Fri, Jun 5, 2009 at 11:31 AM, Thilo
Borgmann<thilo.borgmann at googlemail.com> wrote:

>> To reiterate, you don't _need_ this patch to proceed, the ALS decoder
>> should parse the no. of channels from extradata and set channels
>> parameter correctly. Yes, it should be done on the container side and
>> I'll try and get this in soon. But this is never going to block your
>> work in any way.
>>

> Without it I can't let ffplay demux the files and pass the frames to the
> decoder. It would fail opening the SDL audio device.

I dunno much but av_find_stream_info tries to decode a few frames and
get the necessary parameters, following which the audio output is
opened in stream_component_open. So it should work. If it doesn't,
then its probably a bug and in which case we should investigate
further.

> Therefore, it is needed if I do want to write the decoder and test its
> features. Isn't it?

And its a lossless codec right? So why not write a script which runs
through the als test vectors and does a comparison with the reference
waveform. This is very useful for regressions also. You need not
"enable" all the test vectors for now, just the subtools/features you
are implementing initially. Anyway, this is just a sidenote :)

--
Regards,

Jai