[FFmpeg-soc] libavfilter - filter for .ass subtitle rendering using libass

Stefano Sabatini stefano.sabatini-lala at poste.it
Tue Feb 24 20:46:59 CET 2009

On date Tuesday 2009-02-24 13:20:26 -0500, Bobby Bingham encoded:
> Just a few quick comments I have in addition to Carl's.
>
> On Tue, 24 Feb 2009 20:28:53 +0300
> Alexey Lebedeff <binarin at binarin.ru> wrote:
>
> > /*
> >  * Usage: '-vfilters
> > ass=filename:somefile.ass|margin:50|encoding:utf-8'
> >  * Only 'filename' param is mandatory.
> >  */
>
> The pipe symbol is a pain because it must be escaped from the shell.
> How about something like what mplayer does, so for the above example:
> -vfilters ass=somefile.ass:50:utf-8
> If the user want to omit a parameter, they can just leave it out, like:
> -vfilters ass=somefile.ass::utf-8

Or maybe something like:
ass=filename=somefile.ass:margin=50:encoding=utf-8

similar to what vf_scale currently does.

Only problem with this is that you need to escape '=' when passing it
to the graph parser, in this case you may need:
ass=filename\=somefile.ass:margin\=50:encoding\=utf-8

[...]

Regards.