[FFmpeg-soc] Specific Project Goals

Sisir Koppaka sisir.koppaka at gmail.com
Sat May 3 20:56:34 CEST 2008

On Sat, May 3, 2008 at 10:28 PM, Reimar Döffinger <
Reimar.Doeffinger at stud.uni-karlsruhe.de> wrote:

> Hello,
> On Sat, May 03, 2008 at 10:00:45PM +0530, Sisir Koppaka wrote:
> > We can't do ssh directly from our machines but they provide access to a
> > public machine, from which we can ssh into the outside world.
>
> How do you access that public machine? Sit directly in front or?

We ssh into the public machine and then ssh out into the wide, wide world.

> > I think this +
> > tunnelling would work but only this is a security risk because anyone
> can
> > login using the same public credentials. This is a viable option if
> someone
> > could offer tunnelling help.
>
> Depending on how their proxy handles https, simpler solutions probably
> exist as well.
> They might just let https directly through based on port alone, in which
> case
> you will be able to connect via ssh to my router (ssh -p443
> hokum.dyndns.org),
> which I have not problem letting run 24/7.

https works but I don't know if it is based on port alone...

> And a quick check on debian packages comes up with httptunnel,
> connect-proxy, corkscrew all of which allow tunneling through a http
> proxy. I would have to run that on my main PC though, so I could provide
> that only about 14 hours/day max.

I tried httptunnel once, but it seemed to require an external computer of
your own running and connected to the net.

--
Sisir Koppaka