[FFmpeg-soc] BFI

Sisir Koppaka sisir.koppaka at gmail.com
Wed Mar 26 05:06:00 CET 2008

I have to send over the palette from the demuxer to the decoder. But problem
is unlike most other codecs I've reviewed, BFI doesn't provide a header for
it's palette, which is causing some problem in letting the decoder know
whether the incoming buffer contains a palette or a frame. I thought of
inserting a 32 bit identifier before the palette values like
MKTAG('P','A','L','E') in the palette buffer so that the decoder can
understand it's type. I'm however, not very sure of the endianness and the
correct way of reading this identifier in the decoder(Should it be
bytestream_get_be24 or bytestream_get_le24?). Or is there a better way like
a struct that is common to both the demuxer and decoder to place a toggle
variable?