[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC] 5 year plan & Inovation

Hendrik Leppkes h.leppkes at gmail.com
Tue Apr 30 03:11:17 EEST 2024

On Mon, Apr 29, 2024 at 6:44 PM Ondřej Fiala <ofiala at airmail.cc> wrote:

> I would really suggest you look at SourceHut.

While SourceHut might be a slight improvement over the current
situation (and only slight), it being fundamentally still based on
email makes it inherit a lot of limitations and problems, and the
functionality of the web interface is severely lacking, as key
functions like commenting on patches are relegated back to your email
client.
Patch display functionality isn't any better then a mail client with a
bit of syntax highlighting, nevermind bespoke review tools that are
entirely absent, as it just sends you to your email client to respond.

At least thats what I see when checking the SourceHut instance of
SourceHut itself.

As far as solutions go, this isn't one that I would imagine, I'm
afraid. It's essentially a mailing list with patchwork. We have that
now.

- Hendrik