[FFmpeg-devel] Weird cross platform support in ffmpeg

Nicolas George george at nsup.org
Tue May 31 17:40:09 EEST 2022

Александр (12022-05-31):
> I analyzed problem a little bit. Only gcc/clang allows to use this trick.
> Msvc compiler forbidens such code (even with different enabled
> optimizations like remove unused references, whole program optimization
> etc) I have made patch, which uses preprocessor #if directive instead. If
> it will be helpful, I can share the patch.

FATE shows FFmpeg builds fine on several MSVC instances, so no, we do
not need such a patch at this time.

I have asked you to show on ffmpeg-users the exact thing you are
attempting to do, you have neglected to do that. It is obvious to me
that you are trying to tweak the build process in a way that is not
supported: stop.

> вт, 31 мая 2022 г. в 17:24, Andreas Rheinhardt <
> andreas.rheinhardt at outlook.com>:

Top-posting is forbidden on all FFmpeg mailing-lists. If you do not know
what it means look it up. You are likely to receive no useful reply if
you continue.

Regards,

--
  Nicolas George