[FFmpeg-devel] Patchwork FATE Errors

Soft Works softworkz at hotmail.com
Fri Jan 21 00:12:00 EET 2022

It was just a very quick guess, because yesterday I rebased and
saw the test matroska-dovi-write-config7 failing which was fixed
after fate-rsync - that's why I though it might be the same reason
(with make -jX, it's probably not deterministic, which test will
fail first).

> and the other test that uses
> this sample works fine. Some time ago, someone else wrote FATE tests for
> AVDOVIDecoderConfigurationRecord in Matroska
> (https://patchwork.ffmpeg.org/project/ffmpeg/patch/20220101165153.440729-6-
> tcChlisop0 at gmail.com/).
> These were faulty and one of them relied on a sample that has apparently
> never been uploaded (but this test is actually redundant with the other
> test), so I investigated and saw that the test (presumably
> unintentially) reencoded audio, so I switched it to a pure copy test and
> applied it, believing that codec-copy tests could not possibly for some
> arches. That was a mistake and I am deeply sorry for this mess.

Nevermind - things happen..

BTW, I was thinking about submitting a patch for libavutil/tests/md5.c

something like:

#ifdef __GNUC__
#pragma GCC diagnostic ignored "-Wdiscarded-qualifiers"
#endif

#ifdef __clang__
#pragma clang diagnostic ignored "-Wdiscarded-qualifiers"
#endif

Would that make sense?
Those warnings are appearing in every single fate error output on patchwork,
possibly covering up more relevant things.

softworkz