[FFmpeg-devel] Patchwork FATE Errors

Andreas Rheinhardt andreas.rheinhardt at outlook.com
Thu Jan 20 23:22:04 EET 2022

Soft Works:

> andriy/make_fate_ppc
>
> => Does it possibly need 'make fate-rsync'?

No. The test does not rely on need samples; and the other test that uses
this sample works fine. Some time ago, someone else wrote FATE tests for
AVDOVIDecoderConfigurationRecord in Matroska
(https://patchwork.ffmpeg.org/project/ffmpeg/patch/20220101165153.440729-6-tcChlisop0@gmail.com/).
These were faulty and one of them relied on a sample that has apparently
never been uploaded (but this test is actually redundant with the other
test), so I investigated and saw that the test (presumably
unintentially) reencoded audio, so I switched it to a pure copy test and
applied it, believing that codec-copy tests could not possibly for some
arches. That was a mistake and I am deeply sorry for this mess.
Andriy said he would send me the diff etc. to investigate. Right now I
have no real clue what is wrong (the video is 10bit and so the video
pixel format is yuv420p10le here, but that is not part of the output
file at all).

- Andreas