[FFmpeg-devel] Request For Comment no Matroska specs

Steve Lhomme robux4 at ycbcr.xyz
Fri Apr 1 15:33:03 EEST 2022

Hi ffmmpeg developers,

As you may know, we are working hard on the Matroska specifications at
the IETF. We already got EBML as an RFC [1]. We are in the process of
finalizing the main Matroska document. Before we submit the document for
formal review before "final" publishing, we would like people who know a
bit about Matroska to review the current draft in case there are parts
missing, hard to decipher or, even worse, bugs.

This is a 200 pages document, so it may take a while. You can find draft
09 at [2]. It should explain what is found in Matroska 1 to 4. Some
unused elements have been deprecated since the original informal
specifications. These elements can be found in Annex A.

Thanks

[1] https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/rfc8794/
[2] https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-cellar-matroska/