[FFmpeg-devel] Hardware purchase request

Lynne dev at lynne.ee
Fri Jul 9 13:59:54 EEST 2021

8 Jul 2021, 22:32 by stefasab at gmail.com:

> On Mon, Jun 28, 2021 at 2:50 AM Lynne <dev at lynne.ee> wrote:
>

>> 27 Jun 2021, 19:33 by kierank at obe.tv:

>> > Can I ask why you need a ~£1000 monitor? What does it do that others can't?
>> >

>> It's 850, with occasional dips to 770 euros. It's the only choice for a 4k monitor
>> with a refresh rate of over 60Hz, it's got good color compliance, freesync,
>> and it has HDR with a >10bit mode.
>>

> Hi,
> Lynne please send the expected refund total amount and the item list.
> I think we agreed with a total expense around 4K EUR and I volunteer
> to pay in advance  (assuming SPI will accept, which is most likely),
> let's try to get around the discussion of the fine details.

Fractal Design Ion+ 860 W
Fractal Design Define 7 Compact
XFX Speedster MERC 319 Radeon RX 6900 XT
Samsung 980 PRO 2TB
LG UltraGear 27GN950-B
All of this comes to just under 3000 euros, using the current prices on geizhals.eu.
If 4000 euros is what we agreed, add:
AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB 3600Mhz
Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI)
Which adds up to just under 1000 euros, making it 4000 euros.

Components have gotten cheaper since I last checked.