[FFmpeg-devel] Issue with ogg page termination on full last page with even last segment size

Peter Zebühr peter at zebuhr.se
Thu Jan 14 19:13:35 EET 2021

Hi,

I had a look at different options on how to fix the regression, though I am not sure what I arrived at is what you had in mind.

I tried to read up a bit on opus as well and I assume you are talking about the frame length coding allowing coding of zero-byte frames? If so, my understanding is that it would still not be represented as a zero byte length avpacket input to the oggmuxer?

I looked at how this is handled for flac, as the regression I see is in flac muxed in ogg). There libavcoded/flacenc that is intentionally just setting extradata in the last avpacket on the last block by no payload (packet_size=0). And libavformat/flacenc:flac_write_audio_packet that does not write any audio data if packet size is 0.

I am thinking that it should be safe to not mux any 0 sized packets in oggenc given that my understanding above is correct. Updated the patch to reflect that, let me know what you think.

/ Peter