[FFmpeg-devel] Issue with ogg page termination on full last page with even last segment size

Peter Zebühr peter at zebuhr.se
Thu Jan 7 12:38:53 EET 2021

> On 5 Jan 2021, at 16:22, Lynne <dev at lynne.ee> wrote:
>
> Was going to respond to this but forgot.
> Opus can have 0 byte packets to signal silence. So you'll have to fix this for real.

Ok, sounds reasonable. Was also thinking that 0 byte packets would be reasonable to support from the containers perspective.

To clarify, the patch I am working on supports handling 0 byte packets better than what oggenc was previously doing.
So by fixing this for real, do you mean that I should try to figure out what is causing the encoder to produce a zero sized last packet in the fate test that is failing?

I can have a look at that, but not sure if there is anything there. The other alternative that I can see is to update the reference for the fate test to expect one more page in the test that is failing.

/ Peter