[FFmpeg-devel] Interested in contributing to gsoc

Sanskar Khandelwal kdsanskar07 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 17 15:24:05 EET 2021

Hello,

I am Sanskar Khandelwal, a 3rd year undergrad student ,I am interested in
contributing to ffmpeg and also participating in gsoc along with this year.
I have a few questions if someone can answer them and help me get started
it'll be nice.

1. Is this a right platform to ask questions, I saw most of the mail here
is patch so which is the active platform irc or mailing list to ask project
and gsoc related questions?

2. I think the first step is to choose a project but did not find any
project list for this year, I don't know where to start so can anyone help
me like how do I have to set up things in my laptop and suggest any issues
for beginners so I can start and learn more about ffmpeg in mean time.

3. When can I expect the idea list for this year, also I looked for this in
wiki so I am looking in the right place, right?

thanks

--sanskar