[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC] Event loop

Nicolas George george at nsup.org
Wed Feb 17 13:47:05 EET 2021

James Almer (12021-02-01):
> I support the idea of it being a build option (Perhaps simply
> --enable-libev, like any other external dep). There's a precedent of
> external libraries being used as backend for certain features, with the most
> prominent example being libsoxr as the resample engine in libswresample.
>
> This of course as long as it's not autodetected, so FATE clients don't use
> it. The last thing we want is the internal implementation being neglected
> because all devs use libev.

Thanks for the feedback. I agree with all this, although I suspect
the "certain features" brought by libev would prove to be just a slight
performance enhancement in extreme cases. But interacting with any event
loop is a necessary feature, and as such it needs to be properly
implemented and tested.

Are there other remarks on this? Otherwise I shall start the code
proper.

Regards,

--
  Nicolas George