[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC] Event loop

James Almer jamrial at gmail.com
Mon Feb 1 23:34:02 EET 2021

On 2/1/2021 4:14 PM, Nicolas George wrote:
> 1.3. Implement a libev wrapper.
>
>      Implement the callbacks of the event loop API with libev as
>      back-end.
>
>      Make it either an example or a build option. A build option would
>      have the benefit of more extensive testing.

I support the idea of it being a build option (Perhaps simply
--enable-libev, like any other external dep). There's a precedent of
external libraries being used as backend for certain features, with the
most prominent example being libsoxr as the resample engine in
libswresample.

This of course as long as it's not autodetected, so FATE clients don't
use it. The last thing we want is the internal implementation being
neglected because all devs use libev.