[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC] Suggestion for a Nicer Integration with GitHub

Ronald S. Bultje rsbultje at gmail.com
Sat Aug 14 20:31:34 EEST 2021

Hi,

On Sat, Aug 14, 2021 at 1:13 PM ffmpegandmahanstreamer
<ffmpegandmahanstreamer at e.email> wrote:

> August 14, 2021 1:01 PM, "Nicolas George" <george at nsup.org> wrote:
>
> > ffmpegandmahanstreamer (12021-08-14):
> >
> >> The real person winning here is Soft Works. He must be laughing right
> now.
> >>
> >> Ah, your math degree coming into work here - "if and only if" ;)
> >> Dont make broad generalizations however.
> >>
> >> Careful there. Don't you remember anything about the libav split?
> >
> > Do you have a point, or are you just trying to make the discussion more
> > unpleasant than it already is?
> >
> I've made my point. The people have spoken. Some multiple times.
> The point is you are the only one against the change, the consensus all
> seems to be in favor of Soft's proposal.

I'm not sure I support it, I'd have to look closely. I understand the
appeal of "dev env wrappers" for drive-by development and would encourage
it for that, but I'm not sure I would use it myself unless adopted
project-wide. Using a wrapper is always a somewhat suboptimal experience.

Ronald