[FFmpeg-devel] Mailing List Delay

Derek Buitenhuis derek.buitenhuis at gmail.com
Tue Aug 3 00:57:28 EEST 2021

On 8/2/2021 10:48 PM, ffmpegandmahanstreamer at e.email wrote:
> Have you checked the mailing list archives? Maybe its slow to get to others but fast to get on the ML.

No, it is not. It's the same issue as we looked at above. I suspect Soft Work has
the correct interpretation of the issue.

> Regardless, maybe its just a gmail problem. The multiple (non Gmail) providers ive been using/have used all work even faster than gmail. I think Nicolas Lynne and Niedermayer along with Kieran and Radsl and Peter Ross all have their own mail server. So its definitely problem with gmail i think.

This is incorrect. Specifically Kieran has had delay issues, and also j-b,
who also does not use GMail.

I believe the problem is likely mplayer.hu, as I alluded to above.

> You could use the other mail providers in the meantime i guess?

This is not a useful nor reasonable suggestion, nor is it a good UX for
potential contributors. Also given the above, it's not clear it would
even fix the issue.

Also, stop top posting.

- Derek