[FFmpeg-devel] Mailing List Delay

ffmpegandmahanstreamer at e.email ffmpegandmahanstreamer at e.email
Tue Aug 3 06:09:54 EEST 2021

August 2, 2021 5:57 PM, "Derek Buitenhuis" <derek.buitenhuis at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 8/2/2021 10:48 PM, ffmpegandmahanstreamer at e.email wrote:
>
>> Have you checked the mailing list archives? Maybe its slow to get to others but fast to get on the
>> ML.
>
> No, it is not. It's the same issue as we looked at above. I suspect Soft Work has
> the correct interpretation of the issue.
>
>> Regardless, maybe its just a gmail problem. The multiple (non Gmail) providers ive been using/have
>> used all work even faster than gmail. I think Nicolas Lynne and Niedermayer along with Kieran and
>> Radsl and Peter Ross all have their own mail server. So its definitely problem with gmail i think.
>
> This is incorrect. Specifically Kieran has had delay issues, and also j-b,
> who also does not use GMail.

Kieran's domain (obe.tv) uses G suite so its Google.
j-b would be the intresting one as his mailserver is not google.
Mahol uses Gmail so it would be interesting to see if he is also having some of the same issues.
> I believe the problem is likely mplayer.hu, as I alluded to above.

It could be, I think that Google is sending to one of the MX records for ffmpeg.org that is slower than the rest, while other mail providers send to a faster mx record. So you could be correct, your theory sounds plausible.
>> You could use the other mail providers in the meantime i guess?
>
> This is not a useful nor reasonable suggestion, nor is it a good UX for
> potential contributors. Also given the above, it's not clear it would
> even fix the issue.

I agree. I think the issue should be fixed, not trying to divert that or anything. But it takes 5 seconds to create even a outlook account, which works fine for Andreas. It could be merely temporary in the mean time.

Someone with root access (Mahol or Niedermayer) should be able to go in and retrieve logs.
> Also, stop top posting.

I only top post when i am not going to dissect response like im doing now. Bottomposting without responding to each line(s) is worse than topposting, or at least I've heard.