[FFmpeg-devel] Hardware purchase request

Hendrik Leppkes h.leppkes at gmail.com
Sat Apr 3 11:58:07 EEST 2021

On Sat, Apr 3, 2021 at 10:24 AM Michael Niedermayer
<michael at niedermayer.cc> wrote:

> All that said, i shouldnt have commented about the SSD, my concern is more
> the overall cost. over 6k€ feels rather alot to me. For example my most
> expensive box i think was less than half that and my subjective oppinion is
> that mine is more than fast enough for my work on FFmpeg.

I agree with that. Much less is actually necessary for development.

By Lynne's own request, the selection "spared no expense" on the
primary argument that we have the money, not that its actually needed
for development.
I don't think that's a sound argument for spending community money. We
should be buying what's needed, not what we can just because there are
funds available.

- Hendrik