[FFmpeg-devel] [IMPORTANT] FOSDEM meeting

Thilo Borgmann thilo.borgmann at mail.de
Mon Jun 15 15:49:25 EEST 2020

Am 10.06.20 um 19:16 schrieb Thilo Borgmann:
> Hi,
>
>> As a reminder, this week-end is the FOSDEM, in Brussels.
>>
>> As promised, we will do a FFmpeg developer meeting, where we will vote on the decisions taken during VDD.
>> Notably, re-elect the committees, and the voted will  now be done by the new electors.
>>
>> This will take place on Saturday (Sunday is the dev room), probably at 14:00 if we can.
>> It will be joinable through some VideoConf tool.
>>
>> If you cannot go to FOSDEM for money reasons, please contact me. Both FFmpeg and VideoLAN can sponsor your venue to Brussels!
>>
>> Hoping on seeing you in BRU.
>
> having settled (hopefully) on an implementation that complies to the voting scheme we agreed upon during the last developer meeting I just created a test vote as a final check.
>
> During the meeting we agreed upon some requirements for selecting the General Assembly. A corresponding preliminary implementation from Josh has been used to identify 49 members of the General Assemby:
>
> https://lists.ffmpeg.org/pipermail/ffmpeg-devel/2020-April/261323.html
>
> If your name appears in the output of the script you should have received an email form ffmpeg.voting at gmail.com announcing the test vote.
>
> If this test succeeds, the votes announced during the meeting can finally happen soon.

The vote just closed with 31/49 ballots received and the the bike shed will be painted.... Blue / Purple.

Everything worked as expected so we are good to go for the actual votes. Stay tuned.

All ballots are online for anyone who wants to do a reprodution of the vote. If you need assistance to do so, feel free to send me a mail.

Thanks for participation,
Thilo