[FFmpeg-devel] [IMPORTANT] FOSDEM meeting

Thilo Borgmann thilo.borgmann at mail.de
Wed Jun 10 20:16:40 EEST 2020

Hi,

> As a reminder, this week-end is the FOSDEM, in Brussels.
>
> As promised, we will do a FFmpeg developer meeting, where we will vote on the decisions taken during VDD.
> Notably, re-elect the committees, and the voted will  now be done by the new electors.
>
> This will take place on Saturday (Sunday is the dev room), probably at 14:00 if we can.
> It will be joinable through some VideoConf tool.
>
> If you cannot go to FOSDEM for money reasons, please contact me. Both FFmpeg and VideoLAN can sponsor your venue to Brussels!
>
> Hoping on seeing you in BRU.

having settled (hopefully) on an implementation that complies to the voting scheme we agreed upon during the last developer meeting I just created a test vote as a final check.

During the meeting we agreed upon some requirements for selecting the General Assembly. A corresponding preliminary implementation from Josh has been used to identify 49 members of the General Assemby:

https://lists.ffmpeg.org/pipermail/ffmpeg-devel/2020-April/261323.html

If your name appears in the output of the script you should have received an email form ffmpeg.voting at gmail.com announcing the test vote.

If this test succeeds, the votes announced during the meeting can finally happen soon.

Cheers,
Thilo