[FFmpeg-devel] Project orientation

Nicolas George george at nsup.org
Tue Jul 7 17:40:52 EEST 2020

Manolis Stamatogiannakis (12020-07-07):
> And some quick grepping reveals that 45% of the emails in the list for
> 2019-2020 were from 236 unique Gmail addresses.
> That's an awful lot of people with bad habits to ignore.

Ah, but a gmail address is not the sign of bad habits. You can use a
gmail address with an IMAP and SMTP client. You can use a gmail address
without tying your entire life to it.

Who doesn't have a throw-away gmail address to order semi-legal drugs
online, anyway? ;-)

> I'm a command line veteran myself, with the same weapons of choice as you
> (vim/zsh), but I still struggle with the ffmpeg workflow. I'd surely be
> interested for any command line tools that would make it easier.
>
> If you have the time to add a section to the documentation, I'm sure it
> would be helpful for many people. And there's also the "tools" directory
> for sharing any tools/scripts you created for ffmpeg development.

This is an interesting idea.

Yes, sharing tips and tricks to work more efficiently would be a good
idea.

Although, I must say, I do not think I have any tricks: all my uses are
pretty straightforward. The most I have is an init script that populates
my shell environment and history with useful commands.

Regards,

--
  Nicolas George