[FFmpeg-devel] Project orientation

Manolis Stamatogiannakis mstamat at gmail.com
Tue Jul 7 14:47:21 EEST 2020

On Tue, 7 Jul 2020 at 13:31, Nicolas George <george at nsup.org> wrote:

> Manolis Stamatogiannakis (12020-07-07):
> > We don't live in a world of innocence. Enabling "less secure"
> applications
> > is trouble waiting to happen.
>
> Please don't believe that "less secure" applications are actually less
> secure. The only thing they are less secure for is advertisers' business
> model.

I believe I have adequately explained that "less secure" needs to be
enabled, not to make your Google account more secure, but to contain
the damage from a potential compromise.

Yes, "less secure" sounds a lot like marketing slang. But Gmail is not used
exclusively by CompSci majors :)

Best regards,
Manolis