[FFmpeg-devel] ABI break in 4.3

Jan Engelhardt jengelh at inai.de
Sun Jul 5 21:59:28 EEST 2020

On Sunday 2020-07-05 19:21, James Almer wrote:

>The list of functions is incomplete. After a quick look, you're for
>example missing av_map_videotoolbox_format_* in libavutil.[..]
>This is another issue that i don't know if you considered, and that's
>the fact currently some symbols may not present depending on configure
>time options, build environment, and target system. Videotoolbox is of
>course not available for you unless you're targeting OSX.

An alternative to building an initial list from `nm` is to
visually work through the function declarations in .h files.
This also requires knowing which of those get installed to /usr/include
and which constitute private headers.
I am sure you are more capable of knowing which ones are
which; I have only worked with ffmpeg source for a day.