[FFmpeg-devel] Is it ok to add G.722.1 decoder as external lib?

Carl Eugen Hoyos ceffmpeg at gmail.com
Sat Sep 21 16:57:13 EEST 2019

Am Sa., 21. Sept. 2019 um 15:19 Uhr schrieb Nicolas George <george at nsup.org>:

> Carl Eugen Hoyos (12019-09-21):
> > I did and I ask you.
>
> Please tell me how you can think that "require the licencing of patents
> from Polycom" is compatible with "shall not restrict any party from
> selling or giving away the software"?

I now wonder if this isn't much nicer than "You may use this FDK AAC
Codec software or modifications thereto only for purposes that are
authorized by appropriate patent licenses."
(In the sense that it doesn't try to conceal the true terms)

Anyway, the more important question is how to deal with Freeswitch.

Carl Eugen