[FFmpeg-devel] Quo vadis, code of conduct?

Nicolas George george at nsup.org
Mon May 6 01:01:38 EEST 2019

Hi. Replying in private to avoid feeding the flame.

Reimar Döffinger (12019-05-05):
> If you want a code of conduct, you actually need to speak up.
>
> If nobody speaks up, it's just useless blabla.
>
> You can't expect others to do it.
>
> Or be honest enough to say there isn't really one because
> nobody ACTUALLY stands behind it (even if most live
> up to it, that is quite a different thing from standing
> up for it).

There was a discussion some time ago (I do not have time to search the
reference just now) on the procedure to enforce it. A few people spoke
strongly against it, and it mostly died. As you can guess, Paul was
amongst them.

Regards,

--
  Nicolas George