[FFmpeg-devel] [FFmpeg-cvslog] avfilter/vf_gblur: add x86 SIMD optimizations

Moritz Barsnick barsnick at gmx.net
Wed Jun 12 12:30:43 EEST 2019

On Wed, Jun 12, 2019 at 08:23:29 +0000, Song, Ruiling wrote:
> > From: ffmpeg-devel [mailto:ffmpeg-devel-bounces at ffmpeg.org] On Behalf
> > Of Reimar D?ffinger

> > Where does this license come from?
> The license is from vf_gblur.c, because the code was copied from there.
> If I read correctly, this is "Simplified BSD License".

To me, it looks like the BSD 3-clause, a.k.a. "Modified BSD" license.
Several files in ffmpeg's source tree seem to carry this license.

> > Is that even GPL-compatible?

According to gnu.org: Yes.

> > I mean how is someone compiling ffmpeg even supposed to know
> > they have to put this license text in their documentation?

Good question. ffmpeg's LICENSE.md provides some license references,
but is probably not meant as a template for distribution with a binary,
and doesn't explicitly quote the BSD-licensed components. It does
mention all GPL-licensed components, bit I assume to raise awareness
for when ffmpeg is GPL and when it it LGPL - and what non-free means.

IANAL,
Moritz