[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC] New build system

Nicolas George george at nsup.org
Thu Jun 14 22:05:14 EEST 2018

Hendrik Leppkes (2018-06-14):
> I don't mind make itself, for me its configure thats the real problem.
> Its extremely slow (we're talking minutes), for me often taking longer
> then the actual compilation (especially with ccache) - and that is
> really extremely painful.

IIRC, a change from the fork that was merged in the last few months made
configure much much slower. It could bear investigating.

Yet, the arguments for make apply to configure too: it is written in
standard shell script, not some newfangled system that only a few people
know.

Regards,

--
  Nicolas George