[FFmpeg-devel] ffserver: current status and future plans

Michael Niedermayer michael at niedermayer.cc
Fri Sep 23 19:08:49 EEST 2016

On Fri, Sep 23, 2016 at 05:46:06PM +0200, Michael Fritscher wrote:
> Hello,
>
> as promised I started to work on ffserver. The focus of the first
> week was to remake a fresh building environment - incl. FATE - and
> get an overview what it is needed to be done.
>
> 1. FATE
> There is already a test for ffserver, but out of FATE. This test
> does not work for me, but this is a cygwin related problem (wget
> <blah> | dd bs=1 count=20k : wget isn't exited automatically if dd
> exits, and because of that the test hangs) Does anybody know more
> details of the warning
>
> "
> Unfortunately ffserver is broken and therefore its regression test
> fails randomly. Treat the results accordingly.
> "
> in the Makefile regarding this test?

In the very distant past the tests gave not always the same results.
I dont know why xactly that was that way or if it still is
my gut feeling pointed to timing/race stuff but i dont remember that
i debugged this to find the true cause

No snowflake in an avalanche ever feels responsible. -- Voltaire