[FFmpeg-devel] FFmpeg in Outreachy Round 12

Marina Zhurakhinskaya marinaz at redhat.com
Wed Feb 10 03:14:57 CET 2016

Hi,

Glad FFmpeg will participate in this round! Thank you for making a decision to allocate the funds for Outreachy!

We can credit all three of you as coordinators. Please be sure to coordinate among yourselves on making decisions and/or having each one of you empowered to make decisions.

What should the updated description be, given the project ideas you have this round? Last year, it was "FFmpeg is the universal multimedia toolkit: a complete, cross-platform solution to record, convert, filter and stream audio and video. Available projects like FFv1 codecs frame support and postprocessing optimization involve coding in C."

Please note that if you would like to pay the mentor, it will need to come from funds in addition to the $6,500 that covers one Outreachy intern. Also, if you have multiple strong applicants, we might be able to cover an additional intern from Outreachy general funds, but we would not cover the mentor stipend. So if FFmpeg would like to pay mentor(s), it would need to allocate money for the stipend(s) separately.

Thanks!
Marina