[FFmpeg-devel] Gathering opinions from FFmpeg developers about a reunification with Libav developers

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Tue Aug 4 20:00:16 CEST 2015

Clément Bœsch <u <at> pkh.me> writes:

> - We should probably keep our bug tracker since it
> reflects bugs on the FFmpeg code base. Processing
> every bugs from the Libav tracker and importing
> them might require some work,

> but I think Carl has done most of that already.

I do not have access to all samples, so there may
be a handful of bugzilla entries that are
reproducible with FFmpeg but missing in trac.

> Lowest:
>
> - I think keeping the FFmpeg name is important

I also think that this is "important" and therefore
not "lowest" priority.
=-)

I agree with what you have written at least to a
large degree. The reason it feels difficult to be
more specific for me is that most things sound
quite hypothetical here.

Thank you for the effort, Carl Eugen