[FFmpeg-devel] [CLT2014] FFmpeg at Chemnitzer Linux-Tage

Alexander Strasser eclipse7 at gmx.net
Sat Jan 25 23:49:24 CET 2014

Hi Gerion!

On 2014-01-25 21:23 +0100, Gerion Entrup wrote:
> Am Samstag, 25. Januar 2014, 18:39:59 schrieb Alexander Strasser:
> >   we applied for a booth at `Chemnitzer Linux-Tage' in Germany.
> > Fortunately we were accepted again!
> >
> >   The event will take place on 15th & 16th of March in Chemnitz.
> > More information can be found here:
> >
> >   http://chemnitzer.linux-tage.de/2014/en/info/
> >
> >   We invite every FFmpeg developer to drop by or even help out with the
> > booth. Currently Thilo Borgmann and Alexander Strasser are registered
> > as booth staff and therefore will attend for sure.
> >
> >   If you want to drop by or help out, it would be nice if you let us
> > know about it here.
> >
> >   If you have comments, ideas, or help to offer, please tell us!
> Nice to hear, that you are at CLT again. Last year I visit there a workshop to
> learn Blender a little bit. Maybe something like that is possible for FFmpeg,
> too?
> I would agree to do a workshop about using the command line tool, but I'm only
> an "experienced" user, not a developer. Possible content:
> - Theory: structure of mediafiles and streams, formats, container, codecs, ...
> - ffmpeg: choose format
> - ffmpeg: choose codec (including parameters)
> - ffmpeg: insert filter
> - ffmpeg: mapping

  Sounds nice! I think there is no problem with you doing such a workshop.
I am not sure if they still accept submissions, but you can try writing
an email to the address mentioned on this page:

  http://chemnitzer.linux-tage.de/2014/en/vortraege/workshops

> Really awesome (for me personally) would be a workshop: "Programming a little
> player using the FFmpeg libraries", maybe similar to the examples in your
> sources, but a little bit more extensive.

  I think Lukasz Marek could have most recent knowledge about this one.

> Other ideas: "Programming a codec for FFmpeg", "Programming a filter for
> FFmpeg", ...

  These and the one above are all good suggestions, but at least
for me there is not enough free time left to do any of them for
this years' CLT.

  Alexander