[FFmpeg-devel] [CLT2014] FFmpeg at Chemnitzer Linux-Tage

Gerion Entrup gerion.entrup at t-online.de
Sat Jan 25 21:23:31 CET 2014

Am Samstag, 25. Januar 2014, 18:39:59 schrieb Alexander Strasser:
> Hello all,
>
>   we applied for a booth at `Chemnitzer Linux-Tage' in Germany.
> Fortunately we were accepted again!
>
>   The event will take place on 15th & 16th of March in Chemnitz.
> More information can be found here:
>
>   http://chemnitzer.linux-tage.de/2014/en/info/
>
>   We invite every FFmpeg developer to drop by or even help out with the
> booth. Currently Thilo Borgmann and Alexander Strasser are registered
> as booth staff and therefore will attend for sure.
>
>   If you want to drop by or help out, it would be nice if you let us
> know about it here.
>
>   If you have comments, ideas, or help to offer, please tell us!
Nice to hear, that you are at CLT again. Last year I visit there a workshop to
learn Blender a little bit. Maybe something like that is possible for FFmpeg,
too?
I would agree to do a workshop about using the command line tool, but I'm only
an "experienced" user, not a developer. Possible content:
- Theory: structure of mediafiles and streams, formats, container, codecs, ...
- ffmpeg: choose format
- ffmpeg: choose codec (including parameters)
- ffmpeg: insert filter
- ffmpeg: mapping

Really awesome (for me personally) would be a workshop: "Programming a little
player using the FFmpeg libraries", maybe similar to the examples in your
sources, but a little bit more extensive.
Other ideas: "Programming a codec for FFmpeg", "Programming a filter for
FFmpeg", ...

Regards,
Gerion