[FFmpeg-devel] Extracting NTP timestamp from RTCP

Fred Rothganger frothga at sandia.gov
Fri Feb 28 19:39:43 CET 2014

On 02/20/2014 11:13 AM, kifayat ullah wrote:
> Hello Fred and Michael,
> Did you manage to put ntp time in this start_time_realtime?
> I need to extract the ntp time stamp from RTSP incoming packets as my
> server send this to presented on time lime of my player.
> Fred, did you sorted that out to get value of NTP and RTP from packet
> coming on rtsp lines.
> Many thanks
> -Kifayat

Kifayat,

Sorry for the slow response. I was away for the last week.

I will try to resubmit this patch today.

Just to clarify, the patch allows one to learn the start time of the
video stream, ideally the real time when the first frame was recorded.
It merely implements a part of the FFmpeg API that already implicitly
exists.

-- Fred