[FFmpeg-devel] Bug Tracker Etiquette is Unacceptable

Don Moir donmoir at comcast.net
Fri Feb 28 14:47:26 CET 2014

----- Original Message -----
From: "Robert Krüger" <krueger at lesspain.de>
To: "FFmpeg development discussions and patches" <ffmpeg-devel at ffmpeg.org>
Sent: Friday, February 28, 2014 8:09 AM
Subject: Re: [FFmpeg-devel] Bug Tracker Etiquette is Unacceptable

> On Fri, Feb 28, 2014 at 7:15 AM, Don Moir <donmoir at comcast.net> wrote:
>> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Derek Buitenhuis"
>> <derek.buitenhuis at gmail.com>

Anyone with a resonable amount of development experience who at least has the awareness to let a higher up developer take a look
before just rejecting it.

The first bug I tried to report, I figured I reported enough over days so a first year developer would understand it. So I got
frustrated and mentioned the like in bug report. Then I get an email from Carl telling me I was rude. He also mentioned we (as in
ffmpeg group) considered it rude that I did not use a real compiler like the orphan C99 compiler. At this point I am thinking to
myself, geeze is ffmpeg the right way to go ? At this time, I had used ffmpeg for days and got someone who doesn't have a clue what
I do trying to tell me how I should work.

Then Carl tells me he is not a developer. So you got a non-developer screening bug reports. Just great.

Carl reads thru a lot of crap I know and generally does a pretty good job but it is just ridiculous at times. Being a little funny,
I got to saying to myself it takes minutes to fix a bug or work around and days/weeks to report one.