[FFmpeg-devel] default lock mechanism in libavcodec/utils.c

Nicolas George george at nsup.org
Thu Feb 20 19:32:58 CET 2014

Le duodi 2 ventôse, an CCXXII, Anshul a écrit :
> I was trying to making a concurrent view design of ffmpeg. Till I could
> verify all this or someone help me with that veiw.

If you want to make the libraries really completely thread-safe, I guess the
only way to go is to move all static variables into an instance structure,
and pass it around to all functions that need it. That is a lot of work.

But I do not understand what practical problem you are trying to solve.

Regards,

--
  Nicolas George