[FFmpeg-devel] default lock mechanism in libavcodec/utils.c

Anshul anshul.ffmpeg at gmail.com
Thu Feb 20 17:55:15 CET 2014

Nicolas George <george at nsup.org> wrote:
>Le duodi 2 ventôse, an CCXXII, Anshul a écrit :
>> I am looking for an elegant solution, so that every library and
>program
>> benefit fron it, but till than I think that patch would work
>
>What is there to benefit in the first place? These locks are not a
>problem.
>They are just allocated once and stay, but they are no more a problem
>than a
>static variable.
>
>Regards,

Benifit was in sense that Library are still subject to race conditions when they apply there custom locks.
Take a case of some rtos where pthread_mutex are not used because of unexpected latency, where it becomes necessary to make custom locks( they are mostly strictly priority based).

I was trying to making a concurrent view design of ffmpeg. Till I could verify all this or someone help me with that veiw.

I would have appricated you, but insead of any sollution you are repeating those problems that has allready been specified in this mailing chain.

-Anshul