[FFmpeg-devel] Reintroducing FFmpeg to Debian

Thomas Goirand zigo at debian.org
Thu Aug 14 17:27:30 CEST 2014

On 08/13/2014 07:53 AM, Kieran Kunhya wrote:
> Whatever, people can work on their own code happily but the rest of
> the world (cf this thread) has to deal with this annoying FFmpeg/libav
> madness.

Right! Not only a core of a few upstream authors are affected, but also
downstream distributions (where we have to deal with numerous build
issues), and final users (who may loose the possibility to use some nice
software...). If you guys could find a solution to try to work together
again, and merge back both projects, that'd be best for everyone.

On 08/13/2014 06:30 AM, Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> Also ive offered my resignation in the past.
> I do still offer to resign from the FFmpeg leader position, if it
> resolves this split between FFmpeg and Libav and make everyone work
> together again.

Why not just take the offer, and move on?

Thomas Goirand (zigo)