[FFmpeg-devel] Reintroducing FFmpeg to Debian

Thomas Weber tweber at debian.org
Thu Aug 14 08:57:50 CEST 2014

On Wed, Aug 13, 2014 at 12:53:41AM +0100, Kieran Kunhya wrote:
> > Also ive offered my resignation in the past.
> > I do still offer to resign from the FFmpeg leader position, if it
> > resolves this split between FFmpeg and Libav and make everyone work
> > together again. I never understood why people who once where friends
> > became mutually so hostile
>
> The big elephant in the room in any discussion about even moving an
> iota in the direction of something resembling a resolution is that you
> as FFmpeg leader are a hidden leader. Every year at VDD when there is
> any informal discussion of any reconciliation as Attila alludes to the
> line "we can't get anywhere since Michael isn't here" is uttered and
> then everyone moves on.

Guys,
this is getting nowhere. You need to solve this in a non-public
discussion.
Given the amount of noise this has generated on debian-devel, I am sure
some of the Debian oldtimers[1] will be happy[2] to act as mediators for
such a discussion if it is organized in a somewhat convenient
location/conference/etc and if both sides consider such a mediation
helpful.

[1] With or without previous contacts with ffmpeg/libav.
[2] Think of it like "spending some hours to fix the issue" vs "spending
some hours to read more mails on debian-devel".

	Thomas