[FFmpeg-devel] Small modifcation to libavformat/dvbsubdec.c

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at gmx.de
Tue Sep 17 12:01:07 CEST 2013

JULIAN GARDNER <joolzg at btinternet.com> wrote:

> [...]

That wasn't my intention. I was just seriously considering the possibility of me being an idiot there...

> My problem is
>that you all read too much in a spec, the spec says X you say X?? what
>about Y, when the spec does not mention Y.

My understanding is that your patch is about handling Y, so of course we are asking about Y and why you want it to be handled just this way and why it is better than what we do currently.
I think I see the point why from the spec only setting one might seem more logical, but it doesn't explain why setting just the first one instead of only the last one or even none.
But from your other mail I concluded the answer is "because it works better with real-world samples".
If so that was all I think we wanted to know. We, and I personally wanted to know if we can/should raise an error when strict compliance checking is requested.

>If I thought you were IDIOTS i would have moved over to libav, which if
>you want I will gladly do as it seems my inputs cause too much fraction
>in your group.

I don't think there is any fraction, I just feel like I completely failed to explain to you what we wanted to know and why your arguments did not make sense to us...
I hope I am not on the wrong track again with my current theory...