[FFmpeg-devel] new behaviour -- Cannot combine reference and non-reference fields in the same frame

Michael Niedermayer michaelni at gmx.at
Fri Nov 15 22:07:15 CET 2013

On Fri, Nov 15, 2013 at 10:48:53AM -0800, Rob Someone wrote:
> Please note the mplayer dump below and find the file 00015.MTS on the upload.ffmeg.org site.
>
> This is new behaviour for these files. Until I updated ffmpeg libraries from rpmfusion yesterday the files played without generating any errors.  I'm now concerned that using ffmpeg to transcode them might cause the process to break or the A/V sync to be off.

I cant reproduce this issue with ffmpeg 1.2.4 which i assume you used
is this specific to mplayer + ffmpeg 1.2.4 or can you also reproduce
it with just ffmpeg ?

> Why was the upload so slow?  Are you throttling upload speeds?

the ftp upload is provided by the videolan project. I dont know how
it is configured.

Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give
it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement. For
even the very wise cannot see all ends. -- Gandalf