[FFmpeg-devel] One pass volume normalization (ebur128)

Nicolas George nicolas.george at normalesup.org
Sun Jul 14 23:14:59 CEST 2013

Le sextidi 26 messidor, an CCXXI, Jan Ehrhardt a écrit :
> Simple, speed.

> I am in no way bound to EBU recommendations

Then use two passes and volumedetect.

If I take the decoding time for audio (Vorbis -q 4) as measurement unit, -af
ebur128 costs about 4 while -af volumedetect costs about 0.4 (and -af volume
0.04). Therefore, two decoding for two passes plus volumedetect cost ~2.5
while one pass with ebur128 costs ~5.

If you have enough RAM, you can save the PCM while running volumedetect and
avoid the second decoding too.

Regards,

--
  Nicolas George