[FFmpeg-devel] GPU Hardware Acceleration [was Re: openCL support]

Don Moir donmoir at comcast.net
Fri Jan 4 03:41:58 CET 2013

----- Original Message -----
From: "Patrick Shirkey" <pshirkey at boosthardware.com>
To: "FFmpeg development discussions and patches" <ffmpeg-devel at ffmpeg.org>
Sent: Thursday, January 03, 2013 6:10 PM
Subject: Re: [FFmpeg-devel] GPU Hardware Acceleration [was Re: openCL support]

> On Fri, January 4, 2013 9:34 am, Don Moir wrote:

Thank you for your perspective Patrick.

I suppose when I can walk down the street and find most end users use Linux OS/GUI instead of Windows, Apple, or Android,  I will
know it has arrived. It would be great to have an os that dominated mobile and end user desktop. So far though when I use Ubuntu, I
feel like I take a step back many years in time. This is of course just about Ubuntu and my experience with it and nothing to do
with linux proper. If I knew of a better distro I would probably be using it and just maybe it already exist and I have just not
seen it.