[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC] Google Summer of Code 2013

Roger Pack rogerdpack2 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 27 16:55:00 CET 2013

On 2/21/13, Lou Logan <lou at lrcd.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> It's GSoC time again, so I'll get the ball rolling:
> http://www.google-melange.com/gsoc/homepage/google/gsoc2013
>
> I started a new ideas list:
> http://wiki.multimedia.cx/index.php?title=FFmpeg_Summer_of_Code_2013

A few other wish list ideas, if anybody wants to run with them:

An idea (if anybody else wants to mentor it, I feel unqualified :)
would be to integrate VapourSynth/aviSynth/avxsynth "pass through"
filters, and/or VapourSynth as input...

Another idea would be to "parallelize" inputs/outputs (in their own
threads) or possibly libavfilter also--make it all multi-threaded).  I
guess udp.c kind of already does this but I believe the rest doesn't.

Another would be to add some type of language bindings to make
libavfilter more user friendly (lua?)

Another idea would be to integrate libjpeg-turbo for
encoding/decoding, since it's supposedly faster.  Again I feel
unqualified, but hey, just throwing it out there :)  I may add a
directshow entry with myself as mentor eventually, there is some work
that could be done there as well.

Cheers.
-roger-