[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC] Google Summer of Code 2013

Stefano Sabatini stefasab at gmail.com
Mon Feb 25 20:54:03 CET 2013

On date Saturday 2013-02-23 18:45:12 -0500, compn encoded:
> On Sat, 23 Feb 2013 10:36:43 -0900, Lou Logan wrote:
> >On Sat, Feb 23, 2013, at 05:01 AM, Stefano Sabatini wrote:
> >I can prune any ideas without mentors shortly before our application
> >unless there is strong opposition.
> >
> >It might be useful to have a "sandbox" or a staging area for new ideas
> >that do not currently have a mentor, but maybe that's just complicating
> >things.
>
> you can put it on the talk page or somewhere else if you like.
> also move the ideas to a page instead of deleting them :)

We could move "ideas" to a dedicated section (below mentored
projects), but it should be clear to both candidate contributors and
reviewers the difference between mentored and non-mentored tasks, and
I'd rather have a few well specified ("fleshed out") tasks with mentor
and backup mentor rather than lots of orphaned tasks.

Then each mentor could propose more than one task, and only mentor the
one with the better/more suited student.
--
FFmpeg = Fiendish and Forgiving Martial Perfectionist Ecstatic Gadget