[FFmpeg-devel] Use ffmpeg as an Android stagefright plugin

Chih-Wei Huang cwhuang at android-x86.org
Tue Aug 20 05:51:51 CEST 2013

Michael Niedermayer said:
> Is it possible to merge it in the ffmpeg upstream?

i see lots of hardcoded config.mak/h files
> Consider that new options could be added to configure and would then
> be missing from this, also a user might want to build with different
> codecs / (de)muxers than the ones hardcoded in these files

That's right.
This is the easier way to create a compatible
makefile for android build system.
Considering the target (android) is well-known,
there is no real benefit to configure codecs/(de)muxers
dynamically.

I also considered to generate the android config.*
from configure script on the fly.
However, the output config.mak of configure is not friendly
to android build system. It exports some variables
like CC, CFLAGS that will conflict with
the android build system.
(Note Android doesn't use sub-make --
all sub-makefiles are included in from the main makefile
and all vars in sub-makefiles are exported)

If you can modify the output of configure, say,
splitting it into two files to let ARCH_*,
HAVE_*, CONFIG_* vars in one file and
others in another file, that would be more
friendly to android build system.
Then I could generate the android config.* on the fly.

--
Chih-Wei
Android-x86 project