[FFmpeg-devel] Threading issue with avcodec_decode_video2 ?

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Mon Oct 29 12:54:58 CET 2012

Don Moir <donmoir <at> comcast.net> writes:

> Forgot to mention that abort seemed to be called as one
> of the spurious crashes I was seeing before lock was in
> place.

As you know, we consider crashes important, so if you
have a sample that crashes current FFmpeg (no matter if
with abort() or differently), please either open a ticket
on trac or send a mail to ffmpeg-user.

Remember that it is definitely not necessary to analyze
the crash, just provide the usual information, ie
command line together with complete, uncut console
output and backtrace etc. as explained on
http://ffmpeg.org/bugreports.html

If you see a crash in your application that is not
reproducible with ffmpeg (the application), it is
still a good idea to report the bug on trac (although
fixing usually takes a little longer), don't forget
to add backtrace etc.

Carl Eugen