[FFmpeg-devel] Notes about avdevice

Stefano Sabatini stefasab at gmail.com
Sun Nov 25 16:31:34 CET 2012

On date Sunday 2012-11-25 13:59:36 +0100, Michael Niedermayer encoded:
> On Sun, Nov 25, 2012 at 01:47:37PM +0100, Reimar Döffinger wrote:
[...]
> > My suggestion would be to think if the avoption stuff could be extended
> > to query valid option values even for more complex options like a
> > device parameter.
>
> Thats an interresting idea

Maybe something like a query_params() callback defined on the device
in this case, since it will be device-specific.

I mean something like:
avdevice_query_params(devctx, &out, "list_devices", args?);

which fills out struct/pointer with the list of supported
devices. Something similar could be used for getting supported
resolutions/pixel formats/options depending on the physical device.
--
FFmpeg = Fundamental and Faithless Miracolous Political Elected Goblin