[FFmpeg-devel] documentation merge?

Stefano Sabatini stefasab at gmail.com
Tue Nov 20 00:57:51 CET 2012

On date Monday 2012-11-19 15:04:06 -0700, Roger Pack encoded:
> I noticed today that searching through this documentation:
> $ ffmpeg --help full
>
> for the word "dshow" (to figure out the option for -f dshow)
> reveals...nothing.  The word is not in the documentation.
> It does mention DirectShow, but that's hard to remember compared to
> the actual device name.

That's because the class name is different from the context name. This
is a bit silly, since the class definition *must be* unique because of
a flawed design (it will loop forever otherwise, so you can't have
several instances sharing the same class). A patch for renaming the
class names is probably welcome, but that will imply merge issues.

--
FFmpeg = Fanciful Foolish Marvellous Portentous Evil Gadget